Sunday, June 03, 2007

Our 24th Anniversary Celebration

My dh's company had superb timing in giving him a little award for doing some sort of "SAP software application customer management in the right time frame" or SOMETHING and anyway treated us to a free dinner wherever we wanted, just send them the bill. :)

So he researched and found this place: The Lexington Grille.
John worked with a guy whose parents are Houston Old School (and Old Money..) and know all the best resturants intimately. This is one of their absolute favorites. Look at the site.. so tasteful, and intimate.. it is in an old house, converted to a resturant. There are only 11 tables in the whole place, that I could count.

The service was superb! I told John I would rather not eat out all year but then go twice to a place like this. Little touches- the owner is out checking on customers, the waiter will scrape up your crumbs between courses (I did feel a bit sloppy!), he knows how to open and pour wine correctly (John and I both waited tables in college so know the proper ettiqute), the coffee cups were preheated and kept it nice and warm while we lingered over our dessert.

Everything was perfect! Ok.. the food. Here is what we had:

We both had the Caeser salad. I love salad, especailly Caeser and this dressing was very flavorful but not too overdone.

For entrees, I had:
Beef tenderloin grilled to perfection served with sauteed mushrooms in a creamy gorgonzola port wine sauce


John had:
Rack of lamb roasted to your specifications served with a rich burgundy demi-glace


We shared a dessert- a chocolate mousse that was perfect, something you would see Emeril make on Food Network.

Candlelight, beautiful surroundings, great food and the bill was picked up by his work. What a great evening!

We talked about all sorts of things, and one was how to celebrate our 25th anniversary coming up next year. John said he would like to take 2 weeks and go to Ireland, (his homeland) with the boys. That sounded wonderful. We also thought about Italy. We would love to see Rome and the Vatican as well as everything else Italy has to offer. We shall see.

I felt very lucky last night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary :-) It sounds like a lovely evening!!

Leonie said...

What a lovely anniversary evening! Hope you have many more happy years!

Anonymous said...

Oh, happy anniversary!! It sounds like it was a wonderful evening!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Sounds like a marvelous time!

Happy anniversary!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels