Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dreams


Maria recently posted about her dream.. so I thought I would share one I had last night.

I will skip the confused jumbled part and get to the good part.

A bunch of friends and I were at a party of sorts in a house where there were some good and not so good things going on. I had come into possession of a gold coin. (Probably dreamed about the coin b/c last night before going to bed I watched The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, and he was an angel and gave one of the characters an old Roman coin.)

Well, as my dream friends and I came into a difficult situation at this gathering, I looked down in my palm and the coin's face began to show letters. I can't now remember what it said, but it was scriptual and was a message on how to discern that very situation and what to do/say. It changed 5 or 6 more times as the situation changed, and I showed it to two or three trusted friends, and they and I knew it was from God. Oh was a treasure, what a feeling to know God was guiding me directly like that.

Now that I think of it, the movie had a lot of influence on my nocturnal wanderings, as David Niven, the bishop, had a lot of decisions to make and the Cary Grant angel was sent to help him, but nobody knew he was an angel except the bishop. I know the bishop would have loved to share this with his wife, but could not. In my dream my faith-filled friends validated, so it was the best of all worlds... we had God guiding each step in some precarious social situations.

What a nice dream! And having Cary Grant in it was icing on the cake. I really like him. :)

(P.S. for those of you confused about the 'bishop' having a wife... it was Church of England. Boy, watching David Niven struggle with his personal life, his spiritual life, trying to build a cathedral, cowtow to the rich patron, and admit he had no time for his flock... makes me even more thankful we don't have married priests!)

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Funny how books and movies influence our dreams!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels