Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What I Did Today

**Warning! My list got really long! Don't read if you are all relaxed and enjoying life and this makes you think you have to go do something..I was surprised at all I did yesterday, but it was just a 'medium to heavy' kind of day. I am taking a new joy in keeping the house, and it was fun to make the list and know it all benefitted my family. :) **

I was just finished up laundry and thought I would make a post on what I did today. I realized I really did a lot. Lots was fun, some was work, all was a normal kind of day for me.

1. Got up.
2. Did my morning routine
3. Coffee and email
4. Workout at the Y- Kickboxing and 1/2 a strength class
5. Started laundry. Ended up doing 6 loads.
6. Did my Blessing Hour (ala flylady) But it took longer since I let my routines go a bit the past days. Changes all the bed sheets, dusted, swept kitchen, did windexing. Boys vacuumed the downstairs and did various chores as I directed.
7. Did 15 minute zone cleaning in kitchen.
8. Made a batch of my magic elixir....
9. Started crock pot dinner
10. Made various short order meals for my boys
11. Phone calls to make appointments
12. Watched the last of my art lectures.. sniff- sniff.. I need part one!
13. Took dogs for a walk seperately as they drive me crazy tangling leashes. This was not good. Ralphie was balistic when I left with Boomer even though he just had his own walk! During walk I brainstormed how to make my patio pretty.
14. Talked to oldest about options for confirmation
15. Had a 30 min conversation with company about the teen version of Jeff Cavins Bible study.
16. Took a short snooze while watching art DVD
17. Talked to dh on phone as he was driving home from Dallas.
18. Drew schematic of patio to try and come up with a design to make it a happy place. I may put picture on my blog to get ideas from you smart people!
19. Did some blogging, list reading, etc.
20. Googled patio design and some other interests.
21.Checked in on the news, got depressed and turned it off.
22.Thanked God for my day. :)


I am tired.. I didn't realize I had done so much and probably forgot something!
Oh, yes, I talked to the boys during the day, but they were pretty occupied with their stuff, too.

Hope you all had a good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

phew - i got tired reading your list! i totally agree with 21...i haven't even watched the news in about a week! i'll check it out online and trust that sabine will fill me in on anything important ;-) have a blessed day!

Cindy said...

Hey Beate-- you read ALL THE WAY to # 21! OH, a true friend! I will read your blog every day forever! (well I do anyway..lol)

Yes, it is depressing, but then I know God is in control.

BTW, I am listening to a new lecture series on Hinduism. Gosh the more I learn about other religions I see that God has such an ordered plan in Christainity and we can trust him for everything. It is like a warm hug knowing it is logical and he is in control.

Anonymous said...

Loved reading about your day! =) I was wondering if #8 might have anything to do with red spanish wine and good brandy, fresh lemon/lime/orange juice and a sprinkle of cinnamon over ice? You know, just wondering is all. (BIG GRIN) That is what MY magic elixir is, so I just wondered if yours was the same as mine? LOL!

Post pics of your patio!! I have had so much fun the past two-three years working on our patio/deck/porch. I don't think I'll finish painting the furniture before we leave for the beach, so it will have to be done when we get home. I sat out from 7:30am until 4pm today (with a few chores thrown in). A porch vacation, as my friend likes to call them! =) It was lovely!

I haven't watched much news in years for the very reason you stated. My mom used to get very ugly with me about it - but I just ignored her and continued to not watch the news. Somehow, I do manage to find out the really important stuff - the rest just drags me down!

Sorry so long - you know how I am!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha Cindy - Sabine and I don't even post every week - we should just send you a pem when we do so you don't have to click and say - gosh, nothing again!!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels