
We are seeing the circle of life first hand in our household.
My family attended the memorial service of my dear friend's mother in law last month.
Then my husband's best friends' mother passed away and he is attending that service next week. Both women were in their eighties.
I spoke with my mom on her birthday this week and my dad is getting more and more feeble. I think it has snuck up on us. He is 6 foot 3, a stoic man and always came off as strong. But now he is really very weak and can't walk well at all. He is getting often confused, just has become very very old in the past few years.
My dh and I feel our ages, too. We can't drop the weight easily like we used to and get aches and pains we never did before. We began playing racquetball again recently, which was something we began while dating almost 30 years ago. Now my husband's hand hurts and even taping it up didn't help. No reason, we figure, we are just old!
And both our boys are taller than me.
Well, as my German grandmother said when I had babies and toddlers and was run ragged... "That's the way it is *supposed* to be!" No sympathy, but a sort of statement that life is on track.
So, I think life is on track...
No comments:
Post a Comment