
I get about a bazillion FLYlady emails every week, but they go directly into a folder, so I just peruse them at will or when I need a reminder about what zone we are in or want to see the daily mission, etc.
She also has fabulous testimonials. Some I relate to more than others.
At the bottom of this entry, I have attached one I like. To me this is about getting out of the self-imposed prisons we put ourselves in. That seems to be a theme at present for me. ;)
Now you all know I have this wonderful dh, who seems to be getting better each year. (Or could God be working on me...) But I have had issues like this one over the years: waiting and waiting for my dh to do 'something' I thought he should. Or something he said he would, either b/c I asked him or he just said hi planned to. And when he didn't, I would stew. Oh, what energy I have put into that stew over the past quarter century.
Latest point- for Mother's Day I mentioned I wanted a bench for the front yard. Just a cheapie. But when I take out my darling dogs in the morning, they LOVE the front yard, as opposed to the boring old back yard. I will take my coffee and stand and wait for them, listen to the birds, watch the squirrels. So I wanted a bench from which to watch life go by and sweet dachshunds mark territory.
I got a gift certificate made by Number Two son for my bench. That meant I had to do the legwork to find it, but that is ok. Dh knows that way I will get just what I want.
Long story short, I found it, issues with delivery, price variations, etc. And wanting to involve him, asked his opinion- he takes longer on decisions that me.. sigh. Then finally we decided and I had to run all over to a different store, find guys to haul it to the car, etc.
I would have LOVED a turnkey operation. Have my bench appear while I sipped lemonade and fanned myself. If I had waited for that, I would still be standing in the front yard, waiting for the dogs to go.
But I am letting that go. Dh was busy yesterday getting ready for work and working out, while I was out in the heat driving all over. He will slay other dragons for me than the ones I picture in my head. And he needs to work out and get ready for work! Wow, big revelation!
Anyway, here is the Flylady letter.
Dearest FlyLady and awesome FLYcrew,
Your Thursday reminder was right on
time for me. I renewed my license
plates, saving the late fee I would have
had to pay if I waited one
more day. I took me (ugh) an hour and a half in
the Secretary of
State's office.
THAT felt so good that today I got
my growling, grinding, failing
brakes fixed. Instead of CONTINUING TO NURSE
the martyrish feeling
"why won't DH do this for me???" because of your
challenge I shopped
by phone for a good price & guarantee, made the
appointment, and got
it done. DK (dear kids) and I can now ride around
safely and legally.
No comments:
Post a Comment