Monday, November 20, 2006

Drawer's Block

Well, I can't seem to capture Roxy.

I wanted to do a pencil drawing this year of each of my dog-sit clients. I only have 4 so it should not be hard.

But if you read my blog, you may remember how I have good drawing days and not so good ones. And how I am not reall good at any one thing.

I always thought 'real' artists could draw or create on demand. Like those courtroom artists, who HAVE to draw the right pic, or others who are commissioned.

Well, I can't get Roxy. Here is what she looks like:

















She is gorgeous. So much personality. And I am getting to be friend with her owner, who just loves her to pieces. If I had one of my sketches scnanned I would post it. But it is blocky and has no life. I almost got her eyes. Her eyes are slanted, the are beautiful and make her look intense but sweet. I can't get it.

I also really want to draw the Austrialian Shepherds I sit. One had to to put to sleep last month. I hope my draw thing will kick in. I never know when/if it will.
Any other artists out there who have this problem? Or maybe that is what makes me not a real artist. Oh, this does not sound like my usual insights on how we live/act/feel create! lol

3 comments:

Leonie said...

I am no artist so can't ofer any words of help - cute pic, however.

VondaK said...

Oh Cindy, I'm an artist. Real working one and there are just somethings you can't be good at. I worked for years as a commercial artist and had to adapt and do different techiques according to the job and I still do now but I am very very good at black and white portraits. I painted my first color portrait last year. And during this year I have done more so I am gaining more confidence. email me and I'll give youa secret or two on capturing that dogs sweet face. Its a trick that every artist uses and if they say they don't they are lying thru their teeth!

Vonda

Cindy said...

Ooh Ooh Ooh! Can't wait, Vonda! Thanks!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels