
This year I am thinking ahead about Advent.
I made list after going leisurly through a lot of neat books on traditions and the Liturgical year. I made a list of what I liked, then looked at a calendar and decided what to try and add this year. Slowly.. let it permeate. :)
One thing on my list was to start adding more religious Christmas music and back out some of the more secular. We will always have a place for Frosty (memories!) but want him not to dominate.
At a friend's sale this weekend, I found 2 tapes of beautiful Christmas music.
I am 'previewing' it while I make cole slaw, potato salad and a new recipe for biscotti this afternoon. I have my fall harvest scented candle burning.
It is beginning to feel like Christmas.. but this is just the preview! I will today put the tape away until Christmas! But it sure feels like Christmas in my kitchen...
2 comments:
Cindy,
I'm thinking of compiling everyone's Advent plans. I hope you post your list soon. :)
Have a biscotti recipe to share?
Post a Comment