--Friday morning 16yos woke up a bit late, but hungry. When asked what he wanted for breakfast, he opted for a full plate of Thanksgiving leftovers, complete with gravy and cranberry sauce. He had the same thing for a late afternoon snack. Where does all that food go?
--Last night boys were upstairs and it was very quiet. I found them back in 16yos's room, sitting on the floor, deep in thought. 13yos had a pencil in hand. What are you doing? They were looking at their shelves and shelves of put-together LEGOS collected from years past and trying to decide how to use them in an ultimate RPG game. Something they have been planning for a while and just got inspired.
-- 16yos wrote a reply on his blog about why VG can be a positive for kids. His grandmother read and was so impressed she wanted a copy to show to her bridge group. "Are you SURE you didn't help him with this?" she kept asking me. I don't think she beleived me when I said no.
-- We did 13 dogsit visits over the weekend. Lots of time for talk and connecting.
-- Boys saw how kind and thoughtful he is to his mother, age 87. Kids notice everyting and my dh is such a wonderful role model for them.
-- We ran out of pie on Saturday, so dh made another. (just what we needed!)
-- Mil met Fr. John after Mass on Sunday. He gave a very nice homily and I am so thankful we have him all the way from India.
-- My grocery store had a sale on fall decoration items and I picked up a bunch of stuff real cheap! I put it out, but it will soon be put away and I will have some pretty things for next year.
--I ate a lot, but worked out a lot, too this week, so didn't lose a pound, but did not gain either. Whew!
--After going out to eat last night, we drove around our neighborhood to see what Christmas lights are up, as our culdesac is very well lit already. Turns out our street is the only one showing so well. My 16yos said- 'I'm not going to complain that Christmas celebration is coming too early. I am just going to enjoy it.' Me, too, I thought.
--16yos has decided to start workouts. I went online to help him find some sites and was able to share the knowledge I have learned over the years. I kind of felt like a semi-personal trainer! He decided this on his own-- the atmospehre of dh and myself being exercise people helped I know and he has planned aerobics and strength training for himself, his way.
--13yos and I sat next to each other at the resturant last night and had the most delightful side conversations. I really love being around these guys.
More later if I think of any.
--
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours
Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)
About Us
- Cindy
- Texas, United States
- We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
~ Pope John Paul II
I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(116)
-
▼
November
(30)
- Where Where You on May 5, 1977?
- Dear St. John Bosco
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Natural Learning and Self Study- Civil War
- Thanksgiving Tidbits
- Family Picture
- Thanksgiving Menu
- Drawer's Block
- Advent This Year
- A Little Mother Culture...
- Preparing to Prepare
- Great Expectations of our modern schools?
- Driver's Ed (or- SEE-ing Learning -Part I)
- GKC Rules!
- Unschooling Catholics Blogland
- Dream Team LOTR Discussion Group
- Confession Time Article
- Rhythm
- More Hidden Power of Kindness--- and the Homescho...
- Cure for the Critical Spirit
- Our Thanksgiving Menu
- Ronald Reagan
- Preparing for the Holidays
- Revelation
- Just One of the Many Layers of Learning
- 10 Random Facts
- My Faithful Personal Assistants
- Ok, You Little Beggars....
- Kerry's Journey
- Unique-ity
-
▼
November
(30)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
1 comment:
How wonderful that your ds wants to workout, too!
Post a Comment