As I was taking pictures of my sketchbook to make an Advent post (since I did my Advent 'thinking' there), I saw some of my sketches and thought I would post them. I love to draw, when my drawing cooperates. Some days I get nothing, other days I get something. Here are my more 'something' days. :)
My subject matter is usually my (sleeping) dachshunds. The picture of the dog with his big eyes open is Charlie, who we used to have as a visitor, before he passed away last year. A real sweetie!
Thanks. I will have to post some of my 'duds' just to make it fair. I have been drawing my dogs for years. I do have a sketch or two of my boys when they were younger. I will get those up sometime. I hope to sketch each of our doggie clients for Christmas gifts, too. If I get that done, I will post them as well.
Thanks for the nice words. It is fun and relaxing for me.
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
5 comments:
Cindy,
Those are GREAT!!!!!
Wow - your sketches are super. Very talented.
Thanks. I will have to post some of my 'duds' just to make it fair. I have been drawing my dogs for years. I do have a sketch or two of my boys when they were younger. I will get those up sometime. I hope to sketch each of our doggie clients for Christmas gifts, too. If I get that done, I will post them as well.
Thanks for the nice words. It is fun and relaxing for me.
Very impressive!
They are so cute. Cindy, what good drawing. Their personalities really come through!
Post a Comment